Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Art with fabric blog hop....my turn

My inspiration is Malika Favre her style is described as Pop Art meets OpArt....I would add also a touche of Art deco in my (very uneducated) opinion. Whatever box we can try to put her, she tickle my fancy as a applique designer!!!! Let's just look at "Dame du soir" just 3 colors, a few curves and here appears a very sensual woman. We know nothing about her but we see just enough to want to know more.



Her bold colors and pure lines really inspired me and made me look at things differently. Every quilt I make is a discovery, of techniques for sure but more about who I am as an artist....it is like lightening one candle at a time and with time, I should discover new facet of myself. This is why an artist interest me or does not.

The piece of art I choose to reproduce is call Sephora and was produced for the french company of the same name.


This woman is so sexy and so ......french :) The hat, the red lips and nails....I love it. I decided to reproduce it exactly because I wanted to internalize the process.




I was also inspired for my own manicure  :) Here we can see a bit more of the texture I FMQ. It was a wonderful project and I hope you enjoyed it.



Now go see the other ladies from today's blog hop.


Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 
Laura @ periwinklequilts (http://periwinklequilts.blogspot.com/)
Yanicka @ yanickahachez (http://yanickahachez.blogspot.com/) <------- you are here!!!
Sarah @ georgiagirlquilts (http://georgiagirlquilts.blogspot.com/)
Patty @ elmstreetquilts (http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/)

23 comments:

  1. such talent this is so beautfully created

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is stunning. You did a fantastic job reproducing the image into a quilt. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job with this! Congratulations on a fun finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece is wonderful. I especially LOVE the quilting stitches on the dress lapel on the left. Such a chic addition. This is ART!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enter this piece in a show/festival. More quilters/crafters should see this. I am sure they will enjoy and be inspired.
    Preeti.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...I totally love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...I totally love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic! You did her proud. I especially like how you left the edges of the white frayed and your quilting is divine. But then every French diva should be surrounded by swirls and feathers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful - you managed to reproduce your inspiration piece exactly in shape and color AND also add texture to it that brought it to life in a whole new way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You nailed it! What a great piece of art for this Hop! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you mounted your piece. She is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful artist to be inspired by! Your rendering is very well done. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Yanicka, You did a great job - your lady is very oh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're inspiring me to proceed on my "wish I could..." project. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're inspiring me to proceed on my "wish I could..." project. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is really amazing how very simple shapes, curves and colors can create such a depth of feeling and beautiful final design! I think you picked a great piece and you did a great job in translating it into fabric! Thanks for sharing your talent and joining the blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also would put it into the Art Deco category... Your quilt is very beautifully done. All those curves must have been difficult to manage. Well done!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete